Facilitator, United Nations Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) in Nigeria
- Producing and Presenting a weekly Community driven development Television Programme tagged “You and the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs)”
- Organized entertainment development programs which focus on using entertainment in passing the message of change such as Miss MDGs competition in Command School, Ikeja, Nigeria and Creativity and Costume Fiesta with Focus on achieving the MDGs.
- Produced and presented ‘Development Knowledge Charge’, a weekly radio program, which ran as weekly segments and covered MDGs and their applications on Eko 89.75FM in Lagos State, Nigeria.
- Compiled and presented resource materials relating to MDGs goals 4, 5 and 6 in public health centers in Lagos, Nigeria, and helped in achieving the goals.
- Facilitated workshop on the MDGs in a secondary school in Agege, Lagos state Nigeria.
- Prepared training manuals on the MDGs, such as “MDGs at a Glance” and “Meeting The Millennium Development Goals”, which are used in facilitation platforms and by other facilitators.
- Created internet web blogs on the MDGs such as www.ourmdgs.blogspots.com and www.developmentvalues.wordpress.com for people to know more about the MDGs and to share their opinions.
- Organized a teenagers’ seminar called the Develop Them Young Initiative, which centered on development knowledge relating to the practical applications of the MDGs, and made a lot of impact in the lives of young boys and girls, who are actively involved in the MDGs projects.
- Directed various advertisement campaigns on certain societal issues such as HIV/AIDS prevention and support.
- Organized and implemented various impact-oriented community development projects such as seminars and trainings in communities for youths on how to contribute positively to their communities.
- Facilitated development knowledge at correction institutions, such as the Ikoyi Prisons in Lagos, Nigeria.
- Rural Community Tree Planting Mobilization Facilitator
Youth Developer and Event Facilitator, Various Projects
- Volunteered as a Resource Person, hosted and provided logistics support to the British Council Youth Exchange program organized by Global Exchange and Voluntary Service Organization in Akure, Nigeria, 2008.
- Served as a Resource Person and Project Implementation committee member for the Youth Empowered Skill Acquisition and Entrepreneurship program developed as part of the Youth For Christ project.
- Volunteered as a Project Development Consultant on various youth development projects such as Young Minds Empowerment Initiative (YMEI) events and several other school educational outreach programs.
- Contributed to the development of the online project, Taking IT Global (www.takingitglobal.com).
- Served as Event Planning and Logistics Director for various youth development and awareness seminars, campaigns and outreaches, such as the ‘Facelift 06’ and ‘From Zero to Hero’ events in Akure, Nigeria.
- Produced Youth Development Radio programs.
- Contributed as a writer on Development Knowledge to a Youth Newsletter “Gifted Thoughts”.
- Facilitated development knowledge during the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) “Corpers Weeks” Seminar in Agege Local Government in Lagos State, Nigeria.
- Coordinated the World AIDS Campaign Sensitization and Celebration.
Award of Commendation by Lagos State of Nigeria
National Youth Service Corps; January 31 2007
Ondo State Scholarship Award for outstanding Undergraduates 2001
Short course training of the Netherland Fellowship Program (NFP) [ May 2015 class]
Federal Government of Nigeria, NEEDS Assessment Scholarship for PhD Research [ August 2016]
HOBBIES AND INTERESTS
Listening to music, traveling and Community Development services.